What are the Types of Shared Office Spaces
Shared Office Spaces
Shared office spaces have become increasingly popular in recent years, as more and more businesses are looking for flexible and cost-effective workspace solutions. For businesses that operate on a hybrid work model or entirely remotely, shared office spaces provide access to meeting rooms and desks without the commitment of a full-time office lease.
From private offices to hot desks, meeting rooms to conference rooms, and training rooms, there are a variety of different shared office spaces available to suit different business needs and preferences. Each type of space has different benefits, allowing businesses to choose a workspace that fits their specific requirements. Whether you’re a one-person show needing a desk and steady Wi-Fi connection, or an entire team needing a meeting room and space to thrive, shared office spaces can accommodate your business.
Types Of Shared Office Spaces
Most similar to traditional office spaces, private offices are fully enclosed spaces that offer all of the privacy and exclusivity of a traditional office space whilst offering the flexibility of a coworking space. Private offices can range in size from a single-person workspace to larger spaces that can accommodate an entire team. Almost always offered fully equipped with a range of amenities, businesses can benefit from the perks of having their own office with less commitment than a traditional office lease.
Private offices can also include meeting rooms or boardrooms if the business needs full-time access to a larger space. Depending on the provider, there is typically a minimum duration of service, however, many providers also offer short-term hire from as little as one month, or part-time offices for those who don’t need an office every day Monday to Friday. This type of office is ideal for businesses that value their privacy, want to accommodate client meetings at all times or need a space for team collaboration.
If you’re wondering what hot desking is, you’re not alone. Offering all of the amenities that come with traditional offices, hot desks are shared workstations that are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Hot desks are ideal for freelancers, entrepreneurs, and remote workers who need a flexible workspace but don’t mind sharing that space with others. Usually centrally located in central business districts, hot desks give individuals their own space with internet access and other features like printing facilities, access to meeting rooms, and mail handling services.
Depending on the provider, hot desks can be rented on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, and are often included in coworking spaces.
Designed for small group meetings, discussions, and presentations, this type of office space can range in size from smaller rooms that can accommodate 4-6 people, to larger spaces that can hold up to 15 people. With meeting rooms often featuring screen sharing and video conferencing facilities, these types of office spaces can meet the needs of most businesses as they are a quiet and professional space for client meetings or team collaboration.
Short-term boardroom hire in a shared office space is a flexible and cost-effective solution for businesses that require a professional meeting space without the commitment to a long-term lease. This can be particularly beneficial for small businesses or startups that have limited budgets. Additionally, renting a boardroom in a shared office space provides businesses with access to modern technology and professional amenities, such as high-speed internet, audio-visual equipment, and catering services that can help project a professional image and impress clients or investors. Shared office spaces are typically centrally located, making it easier for businesses to host boardroom meetings with clients or colleagues who are travelling from out of town.
Larger meeting spaces that can accommodate groups for more formal meetings and events, conference rooms can range in size from small spaces that hold up to 20 people, to larger spaces that can hold up to and over 100 people. Conference rooms usually have configurable setups to ensure all needs are met.
Similar to meeting and conference rooms, training rooms are suitably spaced to allow for different types of training and often include break-out spaces. Training rooms can range in size but are usually flexible to accommodate teams of all sizes. If you need a space for employee training, workshops, or seminars, training room hire is ideal.
For individuals who don’t need regular in-person office space, virtual offices give businesses an address, and as many are centrally located in premium locations, they give validation to businesses that operate remotely and don’t have a physical location. In addition to a physical address, virtual offices typically also include mail handling services, concierge services during business hours, as well as access to a meeting room should that ever be required.
Explore flexible, custom office space for large teams with a versatile enterprise office at Christie Spaces. With configurable layouts, our dedicated enterprise offices provide the ideal space to set up a base, establish a new headquarters or serve as a full-time office for businesses. They are usually flexible in size from full-floor, half-floor, to large office suites, with a range of professional amenities and services to accommodate teams of all sizes.
Key Benefits To Shared Office Spaces
Shared office spaces offer a range of benefits that traditional office spaces do not. These include:
- Cost-effective: Shared office spaces provide a more cost-effective option compared to traditional office spaces. Instead of signing a long-term lease, desks and office spaces can be rented for a shorter period of time, saving money on overhead costs.
- Flexibility: Shared office spaces offer more flexibility compared to traditional offices as you only pay for what is used. With different spaces on offer depending on your needs, hot desks, private offices, and meeting rooms can replace the need for a larger traditional office. Additionally, businesses can choose the length of the rental term, which can range from a day for hot desks to full office space leases with minimum durations as short as a month.
- Networking opportunities: Shared office spaces provide opportunities for networking and collaboration with other professionals who share the same space. This can help expand professional networks, find potential clients or partners, and learn from other industry professionals.
- Amenities: Shared office spaces often offer a range of amenities, such as high-speed internet, conference rooms, printers, and kitchen areas, making the working experience more comfortable and convenient.
- Productivity: Shared office spaces can provide a productive work environment, with fewer distractions than working from home. Additionally, being surrounded by other motivated professionals can help boost your own productivity.
- Professional image: If you are a freelancer or small business owner, working from a shared office space can help you present a more professional image to clients and potential partners. Virtual offices also provide a real-world address to freelancers and those who work remotely.
Shared office spaces offer a range of options to suit different business needs and sizes. By choosing the right type of space, businesses can save costs, increase productivity, and foster a collaborative work culture.